Motivated, solutions-oriented IT professional seeking long-term employment in a challenging career in information systems.
- Over thirty (30) years experience in Enterprise IT management, design and deployment, hardware-software administration and support, networking and systems administration and support. Network security and firewall administration including high availability systems.
- Efficiently utilize internal and external resources to resolve problems, negotiate pricing and contracts with VARs and vendors.
- Excellent teamwork skills, work very well in a fast-paced team environment, and believe that communication is the key to success. I do a great job of documenting my work for knowledge sharing and change management purposes. I have received multiple Team Builder and other performance related awards over the years.
- Extremely dependable and reliable in any situation. Rest assured that if a system is down, a security threat or a crisis situation arises, nothing less than 100% effort is put forth until the situation is resolved. I take pride in my work and I am very well organized.
- I am very creative, resourceful, and organized, and can adapt well to changes in the workplace. When a project or task is given to me, you can rest assured that it will be completed in the allotted time given and it will be done with as little impact on end users and business as possible
- Very structured work habits and exceptionally detailed at everything I do. Enjoy the implementation of new technology to provide value and gain efficiency in any environment. I always maintain a minimal down-time environment and I understand the need to work on systems outside of regular business hours.
- My many years of experience in help desk operations and SLAs has fine tuned my customer relations skills and I find great personal satisfaction is helping people find a solution to the technology issues they are facing.
*Please feel free to inquire about the overlaps and confusion in previous employment listing below.
Rhino USA (Rhinoback) Atlanta, GA 2009 – Present
Data Center Technician
*I am currently working for Rhino USA LLC and have maintained employment with Rhino USA LLC since 2009.
- Network, firewall and hardware support.
- Telephone and email-based customer support.
- Systems Administration.
- Datacenter Operations
Sr. Network Engineer Kennesaw, GA 2011 – 2019
- Project management, change management, technical documentation, and SOP development
- Data Center Operations, managed daily IT operations and IT infrastructure for Orasi Software Inc. Corporate Enterprise 500+ node LAN/WAN. Firewall and network security.
- Wi-Fi implementation and administration of enterprise class Ubiquity Wi-Fi
- Active Directory, SQL, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, SOX reporting and compliance.
- ISP negotiations and deployment of Microwave data technology for non-fiber dependent redundancy
- Designed, installed, and maintained enterprise class networking and security
- Access control systems implementation and management
- Penetration testing, vulnerability testing and PCI compliance
- Helpdesk management handling SLA compliance and escalations
Borland Software Corporation Atlanta, GA 2008 – 2009
- Project management, Change management, technical documentation, and SOP development.
- Data Center Manager, Managed daily IT operations and IT infrastructure for Borland Software Corporation
- Active Directory, SQL, Microsoft Exchange, SOX reporting and compliance.
- Designed, installed, and maintained enterprise class network
EDS Electronic Data Systems Corp. Atlanta, GA 2004 – 2008
(At Borland Software Corporation)
- Data Center Manager, managed daily IT operations and IT infrastructure for Borland Software Corporation.
- Active Directory, SQL and Exchange
- Designed, installed and maintained an enterprise network and server environment.
*Employment information prior to 1997 is available upon request.
Borland Software Corporation Atlanta, GA 1997 – 2004
- Managed daily IT operations and IT infrastructure for Corporate Enterprise 500+ node LAN/WAN
- Active Directory, SQL and Exchange migrations
- Designed, installed and maintain enterprise gigabit fiber optic 1000FX & CAT5e Cisco layer 3 network
*Additional skills information is available upon request.
Hardware Skills: HP servers, desktops and networking appliances and equipment. Dell servers, desktops and networking appliances and equipment. IBM servers and desktops. Firewall experience includes, SonicWall NSAs, Sophos, Cisco, Fortinet, F5 as well as some non-enterprise and consumer grade firewalls. Peplink load balancers. High availability configurations for clustering, firewalls, network switches, SAN switches, 10 GB network configuration for cluster live migrations and Cohesity data protection.15 years experience in data center operations with equipment across multiple data centers including QTS Suwanee at 300 Satellite Blvd., CyberWurx at 55 Marietta St. in Atlanta, MCI datacenter on Interstate North Pkwy. Ubiquity Other experience and skills not listed but provided upon request.
Software Skills: Microsoft Office products on-premise and 365 including Azure, Azure AD and Hybrid , Email migrations including On-Premise to 365, 365 to On Premise and 365 to 365, Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Teams, SCOM and SCCM, Active Directory, All Microsoft Server and Desktop Operating System Editions including Insider testing of Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022, Highly proficient in Hyper-V and clustering, VMWare, Linux Administration, Veeam, Cohesity, Ahsay as well as many older backup agents. I am highly proficient in backup and disaster recovery including ransomware prevention and recovery via Cohesity and security practices. SalesForce, Spiceworks, Jira, QuickBooks, MAS90, and more. Other experience and skills not listed but provided upon request.
Awards & Recognitions viewable at https://gregazar.com